What Amanda Wants

More Than Words, Volume 2 - Debbie Macomber, Sharon Sala, Jasmine Cresswell

In continuing with rereading the Blossom Street Series by Debbie Macomber I read the short story "What Amanda Wants" in this book.  This story by Debbie Macomber continues along with the Blossom Street series right after the second book, A Good Yarn. Some of the Characters introduced in A Good Yarn are also in this story.

This book contains 5 short stories about inspiring women.  What Amanda Wants is a story about a teenager who finds out her cancer has come back and this time it is worse than before.  She misses out on a lot of things that teenagers look forward to like dances and graduation.  Her friends drift away because they don't know what to do or say.  This isn't just a sad story though and Lydia that owns the yarn store, A good Yarn, wants to help. Read the story to find out how she makes a difference.

That story is also in the book called Stories of the Heart by Debbie Macomber (Goodreads Author), Brenda Novak (Goodreads Author), Meryl Sawyer

ISBN 0373837690 (ISBN13: 9780373837694)

The other stories are also very good.  I've read them before but this time I'm just reading the first one that is part of the Blossom Street series.  The first time I read this book and then swapped it.  I had to get another copy and this time I'm keeping it.