Mermaid Moon (A Sunset Cove Novel) - Colleen Coble

I've never been a fan of romance novels so I would never have picked this book up if I hadn't seen a review posted during a book swap game I was participating in. I read the review for this book and decided I wanted to read it. I read the first book first and it was great. I liked it better than this one but this book kept my interest too. I like the mystery and suspense more than the lovey-dovey parts but I definitely will be finishing this series and looking into more books by this author. Now I have to make myself finish the other books I've started before reading the third book in this series.

Mallory is trying to support her teen-aged daughter on her own after her husband passed away by making artistic sea glass jewelry.  She just makes a big sale so she could pay her late house payment when she gets a strange call from her father.  He sounds like he is hurt and barely able to tell her something very important before he dies.  He told her to find her mother but that is impossible since her mother has been dead for years. She quickly calls for someone to go check on her dad then heads that way herself.

She is wary of going back to the town where she grew up and is sure she won't be welcomed because of her past.  She was engaged to Kevin, a local game warden, but she abruptly left town without an explanation and quickly married someone else.  Now, she needs Kevin's help to help her figure out what happened to her dad.  Things quickly get scary though as she finds out her own life might also be in danger.