Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

I initially read this book to my son when it first came out.  I think he was 5.  That was a really long time ago and I couldn´t remember the story so I decided to read it again.  I am surprised at how much I had forgotten.  I love Dobbie, the house elf and how he would do something bad and then punish himself by banging his head into the wall or shutting his ears into the oven. Poor Dobbie.  I loved the flying car and how the boys stole it when they couldn´t get on the train to get to the school.  Harry and Ron narrowly escaped expulsion from school and were warned not to get into any more trouble.  Then, Harry starts hearing this strange voice that no one else can hear saying, ¨kill....kill......¨  He follows the voice and finds Mrs. Norris, a cat that roams the halls of the school petrified over words painted on the wall saying that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened and warning that all muggle born would be killed.  Of course, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are going to try to figure out what is going on for themselves since the staff at the school don´t seem to be able to.

I enjoyed reading this book again but it made me sad thinking about my cute little boy that is now not so cute and a lot more hairy.