I want to learn more about Colonial American to help with my genealogy research. I didn't learn much about this in school (or didn't retain anything) other than the bit about Paul Revere. I went to a small private Christian school so the emphasis was on religion and compared to what my children learned in public school there is a lot I missed and in some instances what I was taught is not the same as what they learned. I´m looking for nonfiction or historical fiction without too much romance. The heaving and sighing kills me but I can handle a little bit of romance if it is worth it. Any mysteries would be a bonus as that´s my thing. I am especially interested in books about settlers to the North Carolina, GA, and Alabama area since that is where my family immigrated from Ireland, Scotland, and England. Some of my family were Quakers fleeing religious persecution in Ireland and England.  I wouldn't mind some books about things on the other side of the pond.  I made a list and would love for anyone to help by adding any books you know of that might be helpful. Don´t worry too much about me not liking them. I don´t mind checking them out to see.

Colonial America booklikes list