Tasks for Advent: Post a pic of your advent calendar. (Festive cat, dog, hamster or other suitable pet background expressly encouraged.) –OR–

Tell us: What in the immediate or near future are you most looking forward to?  (This can be a book release, or a tech gadget, or an event … whatever you next expect to make you really happy.)

In early January my husband and I are going on a trip to California.  We are going to visit his mom near Sacramento.  I´m limited in what I can do but so is my mother in law.  She also has Fibromyalgia and other chronic pain.  My husband will meet up with a friend and then they are going to Vegas.  I´ll stay with my mother in law and do some fun things there.  I am sure she will want to go play some slots there in Cali.  I would rather go shopping but we will do that too.  We don´t have many stores here where I live and I hate running into someone else wearing the same outfit so I don´t want to shop here.  I also want to go to some cemeteries there where family is buried so I can take pictures and get info for my genealogy research.  I know, so exciting, but that´s my thing.  Maybe I´ll see a zombie there.  At least I know I will be able to stop and rest when I need to because my mother in law understands and will need to rest too.  Mostly, I am looking forward to seeing beautiful trees, flowers and NO SNOW.  Hopefully, I will be able to find a postcard there for my postcard collection.  I´ll have to mail it to myself to get it properly marked and traveled.