What Janie Found - Caroline B. Cooney

This book isn't as engrossing as the others were for me. I kept spacing out and thinking of other things to do. It seemed to ramble on and go nowhere. In the end it did end up going nowhere but I suppose the trip itself was a trip they needed to take. The journey itself was the destination and a solution was found to their dilemma.

Additional thoughts....

So, I didn't read these books in school like so many people did.  I might be too old by a smidge.  I vaguely remember my mother in law watching the TV show while we were visiting when my husband and I were either recently married or maybe about to be.  I looked it up and watched it online and was surprised when I recognized the last half.  When I read the first few books I read the old version but this one was the new version.  I actually listened to an audio book and not the one linked here.  I was just lazy.  Anyway, it was weird to me that Janie had a cell phone.  Is it so bad to leave books alone and let kids experience the past the way it really was.  Sure, they may be shocked that people had to find a payphone to make a call or look through paper logs and records or books in libraries to find information about people, places or things.  It is still educational though.  Leave the books alone.  I don't think it is necessary to try to make them fit the present.