The Violets of March - Sarah Jio

This was such a touching story and it really tugged at my heart. I usually don't like to read romance type stories but this one was not the typical romance about superficial love. It starts with a young woman finding out her husband is leaving her for another woman. Emily, who is a writer, ends up going to stay with her great aunt for a month. She planned to spend some time there to heal and maybe write. Instead of writing she ends of reading. In the guest room at her aunts room she finds a red velvet diary and she can't resist reading it. On excursions with her aunt she meets people from the past and her memory of them begins to awaken. She learns some details about the story she is reading and begins to wonder if the story is actually true and if the people in it are closer to her than she thinks. She also meets an old boyfriend and also another man that she feels drawn too.  She begins to think about her own story and who she was meant to be with but at the same time she doesn't want to risk getting hurt again.

This is my favorite type of story.  It involves someone in the present trying to solve a mystery that requires them to delve into the past.  I loved it!