A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch

I LOVED this book.... aside from the beheading, starving, and taxing people.  That wasn't nice.  I really enjoyed the story though and I'm so glad I finally read it.  I gave it to my husband and insisted he read it too.  I hope he will but he doesn't seem willing.

I totally cried at the end.  I tried to pretend I was a tough old broad and not a sissy crybaby but I failed.  I bet my husband cries more than I did if he reads it.  He is a bigger sissy than I am (but don't tell him I said that.)

I ordered a nice hardcover book copy on ebay today that has 3 of Dickens books, including this one, and it will look nice on my shelf.  It also has Great Expectations and Oliver Twist.  I hope I'm happy with it when it comes.  There are never enough pictures on ebay listings.  I also find it annoying that they don't give you any idea of size.  I want to know I'm not going to end up with a tiny book with text I can't read.  I think that should be automatically provided in the listing so I don't have to ask every time.

My husband said I should get a book of the complete works of Charles Dickens.  LOL  Wouldn't that be one HUGE book?

I did buy a paperback copy of The Old Curiosity Shop today.  It looks brand new but I got it at a used bookstore for $2.75.  I saved a whole $2.25 off the listed price!  I love deals no matter how small.

Anyway, I will have to write a review another time.  I had a big day and I'm exhausted.  I will probably have to pay for it tomorrow.  I guess we will see.  There was a small fair type deal at a place call Calypso Farm up in the hills here.  It is in a small community called Ester.  It was a bit of a drive but I enjoyed it.  They had Shetland sheep and were shearing them so those wanting to learn could watch.  I watched the first one.  They had several people selling wool roving and yarn, spinning kits and knitted and crocheted garments.  Several people were spinning yarn.  They also had food, including pizza baked on a wood stove.  We are both dieting so we decided to pass.  It was also very, very muddy and the food was up hill through the mud.  We had to park on the side of the road and walk up this steep, sloppy muddy driveway (at least a block long) with water running down from the snow melt.  I didn't think to wear my mud boots since it isn't that muddy at my house and we have a lot less snow.  I had my wedge heeled faux suede ankle books on and hope they aren't ruined.  Walking up there was not fun at all.  I enjoyed talking to the people showing their wares and bought some turquoise blue yarn.  I got a little over 6 oz and saved 50%.  My husband went up to look at the food place to scout things out while I was looking.  He was a pretty good sport since he had ZERO interest in anything there (poor guy.)  He said there was a lot of dangerous food items for dieting folks there.  I wanted to go check it out but when I looked up and saw the way was still steeply uphill through 4 inch sloppy mud I decided to pass.  We went somewhere else and I ate a salad with grilled chicken that was much lower in calories.  So, I got some exercise, ate healthy, and got 4 new books!  I say that is a good day.  You can see some pictures I took on my instagram.  I still have a few pictures I need to add so hopefully I'll get that done soon.  I'm so exhausted I can hardly move.  I know I will be hurting tomorrow but at least it will be worth it.  I'll just chill out and read if I'm able.