Knit Along With Debbie Macomber - A Good Yarn (Leisure Arts #4135) - Leisure Arts, Debbie Macomber

I love the books that this pattern book is based on. I love the idea of working on patterns based on the characters or designs the characters were knitting or admiring in the book. The patters range from beginner to a a fair isle scarf and hat but most of the designs are not something I would wear or knit for a friend. I will have to think about these patterns and what I could do with yarn choice to make them into something more my style.

One thing I don't like about this book is that it doesn't suggest a specific yarn.  I know they probably did this because the yarns get discontinued but I like to look up the yarn to get an idea of what they used in the pictures.  Sometimes I can look it up on ebay and find enough to make the pattern.  I wish I could find some of the self-striping yarn they used to make the socks but I don't even know what it was.  I thought it was Red Heart's Heart & Sole but that is much thinner.