Nighttime Is My Time - Mary Higgins Clark

I was having a bad day yesterday and pretty much did nothing after I got out of bed but sit on the couch.  I started this book but couldn't concentrate on reading so I got the audio book.  I got out my knitting and tried to relax.  It was my husband's birthday so we had planned to go to a movie and dinner.  I wished I could have an out-of-body experience because inside my body was not a good one.  Too bad I can't move out.

Anyway, I was enjoying the book and I could tell because I wasn't getting much knitting done.  I kept finding myself holding my knitting needles paused in front of me while I stared into space, listening.  I finished it the same day I started it.

__________

Jean doesn't want to go to her 20 year school reunion where she was to be honored but once they decided to have a memorial for her friend that passed away she couldn't skip it.  She had planned to go with her friend when she died in an accident.  There are a lot of memories there and she hated to bring them all back to the surface.  Several of her classmates had died in accidents and one committed suicide.  She also visited the mother of a classmate who had been stabbed in her bed 20 years before.  The first day there she was accosted by a pushy teen reporter doing interviews for the school paper and he asked her to look at list of names.  She was started to learn that 5 of the girls she used to share a table with during school lunches had died over the past 20 years and there were only 2 of them left.  She was shocked when the reported asked if she thought it was odd that they had died in the order they sat at the table.  Laura, the next one in the lineup disappears and the other's get worried.  She hasn't checked out of her room but it isn't the first time she changed her plans and took off.  The other's don't know what to think.

____________

I was really surprised to see so many bad reviews for this book since I loved it.  To each his own I guess.