I did get a response from them and a refund.  I feel better now.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is appreciated.

I do apologize for this order being damaged.

I have just submitted a full refund.

Please do not return this order.

We also apologize for the error on our part and for the inconvenience.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

I buy a lot of books used on Amazon and I have never had such a bad experience!  I have been waiting for it for what seems like forever.  I always buy them listed as "Good" so I can read them and post them on paperbackswap.com.  This book was listed as "Condition: Used - Good - All pages and cover are intact. Spine and/or cover may show signs of wear. Some creasing is on the cover. ~ Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to changing lives and communities through the power of work.

I just sent this message.

Here is a copy of the e-mail that you sent to goodwill_grand_rapids.

------------- Begin message -------------

I'm very disappointed in the book I received today.  I would not have ordered from you if I had known I'd receive a book with a broken spine.  At the front and back the pages have broken away from the spine and I can see into the binding.  I don't mind shelf wear or creases etc but this book is wanting to fall apart in my hands.  Also, the very thin package it was mailed in was too small and split so it wasn't even completely covered during shipping.  I don't want to have to send this back to you.  It is garbage.  I'd rather give you bad feedback.  This book isn't even "Acceptable" and it was listed as "good."  This book is trash and should never have been listed for sale.

_______________________

I'm reading those Annie's Attic Mysteries and since I'm not good at waiting for them to come up on pbs I order them used and then share them with friends on pbs.  I always have people lined up to get the book after me so I never order the ones listed acceptable or that say they might have underlining or highlighting etc.  The cost wasn't much and would have paid more to get a decent book.  I'm so annoyed right now and I hope they fix this and don't expect me to mail this pos back.  If they do I'd be happy to also send them the package they had this book crammed into also.  You can see where the one side split open.